Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Christmas Carol Blog Post

Scrooge meets the last of the three spirits, this spirit will use fear to help Scrooge change. This spirit is very creepy, it is ina deep black garment and you cannot see its face. I think the fact you can't see its face makes it more mysterious which leads to it being overall more scarier.  Scrooge is scared of the spirit just like a lot of us would be. The spirit brings them to town with a lot of businessmen discussing someone who died, Scrooge doesn't know they are talking about him yet. This is why Scrooge still has hope that he will see himself in the future, changed. Of course, he doesn't see this because his future self is dead in this case. They start headed to another part of town and they see Old Joe and three people who sell his belongings.

If I was Scrooge I would be very scared too, the spirit sounds scary and seeing your own death and peoples reaction to it would definitely scare someone into changing, especially if the reaction isn't necessarily good. The spirit is shown what will happen to Scrooge if he continues on how he is doing things. I think that this spirit will help him a lot because fear will drive him the most to change. I think the fact that he hears people talk about his with such disrespect and they don't even miss him at all will also help a lot to change him. Especially when they see that the only reason people will attend his funeral is for food, and also when he sees people sell his belongings for money, not even caring that he died. I would be embarrassed or offended if I saw people laughing over my death, I think it would push anyone to do anything they could to stop that from becoming a reality.

3 comments:

  1. Good job on your blog post, and I agree with many of what you wrote about in your post. I would also be scared too if I saw the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, and I do agree with you that not being able to see the spirit's face makes it even more scarier. I also agree with you that this spirit may be the most effective towards changing Scrooge out of all of the spirits, because fear will drive Scrooge the most to change. I think that hearing people talk in a disrespecting way towards Scrooge's death will also play a big part in changing him. Lastly, I would also be embarrassed and offended if I saw people laughing over my death, and it would definitely push anyone to do anything to stop that from becoming a reality in their future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I also think that it would be scary to see my own death. Especially if people began to laugh about my own death and not even caring. Including, as to when Mrs. Dilmer and Joe where laughing and joking about scrooge's death, if people did that to me that would be very hurtful and it would suck to learn that's how people thought about me when they spoke my name. I also agree with you that the ghost from christmas yet to come is also very scary, he doesn't talk and you can't even see how he looks like. Overall, Good blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the blog post you had a basic understanding of what happened so far. I agree with you seeing the spirit would make me scared too because of the unknown. I strongly agree with you that I would be scared if I were in Scrooges position because seeing my own dead body is enough but someone stealing things from my body would be even worse.

    ReplyDelete