Monday, February 4, 2019

Scrooge Changing?

Today in class, we finished stave 3. In stave three Scrooge is visited by the Ghost of Christmas Present. The spirit uses the emotion shame to try and help change Scrooge. He is taken to two christmas dinners, one at the Cratchits and one at his nephew Fred's house. At the Cratchits, Scrooge learns that if does not do anything to help, their son Tiny Tim will die of polio before the next Christmas arrives. At Freds Christmas party Scrooge sees that Fred does not actually hate him and actually feels bad for Scrooge. Fred feels this way because the only person that Scrooge hurts by making the decisions he does is himself. In the end of the stave, the ghost has only 15 minutes left to live and two children appear from under his robe, one a girl and one a boy and says that the boy is ignorance and the girl is want. On the boy's forehead doom is written. Scrooge is told that if he does not change his ways soon that he would eventually become both of them, eventually leading to his doom.

Image result for the ghost of christmas present memeI do believe that Scrooge will change and help Tiny Tim live and start treating Fred and everyone one else better. I think that because Scrooge has seen what people really think of him, he will want to change and make people think better of him. I also think that once Scrooge sees the Christmas yet to come that he will really realize how badly everyone thinks of him and will be forced to change his ways, if he doesn't think so already. While reading about the christmas dinners and parties, I for one am starting to miss Christmas, but I am also starting to look forward to the victorian party. However I also do not want to near the end of the book. This is the first time that I have read the book, even though I have seen the play many times, and I really like it. It is helping me understand everything much more and now looking back I understand the plays much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment