Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Stave One Summary.

In stave one we encountered the ghost of Marley and got a look into Scrooge's life. Marley was Scrooge's business partner and like Scrooge, he was selfish. When he died no one came to his funeral, only Scrooge was present. Scrooge didn't like Christmas at all because it brought him memories. In stave one we meet Fred, Scrooge's cousin who is the opposite of Scrooge. Fred is a very positive person and it seems like he is the only person who cares about Scrooge. Every Christmas he comes and invites his uncle to dinner but the answer is always no but, he never stops asking Scrooge. He is always there to "bother" Scrooge. We also met, Bob who works for Scrooge. Bob has a big family and is payed poorly. However, he is still happy for the Christmas season. But the most important part of the stave is when Marley appears and tells Scrooge that he must change his ways before it's too late. At first Scrooge thinks he's just imagining things but then things gets serious and Scrooge is scared. He is scared that what the ghost is telling him is true. He then sees dead people crying and trying to help people but aren't able to.

I personally think that he should change his ways. If he has money he should give it to the poor people which would not affect him at all because he lives a "very simple" life style. Maybe that way his chain would become lighter because he is doing good things for others and is giving the the 97% who owned 3% of the wealth in England. I think that the fact that he saw the dead people crying and yelling will change his mind. I think it will change his mind because he is seeing people in misery and he will probably realize it will be him someday if he doesn't change his ways. I also like the humor in the book, its not super funny but its likeable Another thing that I like about ACC is that Charles Dickens is very descriptive. I can make a picture in my head which helps me understand the book better. Overall stave one had very good description and I'm looking forwards to read the rest.

1 comment:

  1. I like you blog post very much, and I agree with your many opinions. I agree when you say that Scrooge has to change his ways. Scrooge is living a very miserable life and I also think he should change to become a better person. I really liked your blog post because it was full of all your opinions and it was very entertaining. I also think that Charles Dickens is very descriptive, and it really helps a lot when trying to paint a picture in my head. Overall you had a great blog post that I really enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete